Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Fortune Teller - Taipei @ Taiwan

The Fortune Teller - Taipei @ Taiwan

Taipei (台北) is the largest city in Taiwan and served as the capital (provisional capital) of the Taiwan. Taipei lies in the relatively narrow, two valley's of the Danshui (淡水) and Keelung River(基隆河) and Xindian River (新店溪). It is the political, economic, and cultural centre of the country.

To tell the truth, I don't really remember where did I took this picture. However after digging thru deep inside my memories, I believe it is taken in Raohe Night Market (饒河夜市). It is one of the popular night market to eat in Taipei. It is located within 10 minutes walk from Wufenpu (五分埔) and just behind Song Shan train station (松山火車站).

Anyway about the picture, a lady fortune teller opening her stall in the market. Well, since long long ago, Chinese have a rich history in fortune telling. They (or maybe I should use WE instead ;-P ) are very well known in all sort of fortune telling methods. From Feng Shui (geomancy) to the I Ching (divination by eight diagrams) to divination by features of the face to palmistry... etc. You name it, they have it. Sometime I'm really "proud" of our creative. Don't you agree?

Something interesting about this picture is that it has this fortune telling using BIRD. Can you imagine your fortune is determine by a BIRD? Interesting right?